Monday, April 21, 2008

Countdown to Nationals...five days to go

With only five days to go to Nationals, I've decided to let you into my brain and life, to see what I do to get ready. My goal is to post at least once every day until the show. Plus I am taking my laptop with me to Colorado so will post something Saturday night on the winners. I hope you are reading!

The show is being held in Pueblo, CO. I know little about the city so looked it up on the web (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pueblo,_Colorado). It is the home of Colorado's largest single event, the state fair. I'm surprised to hear that the state fair is the largest event in Colorao, since in so many states the fair is taking a back seat to so many other things. Pueblo has a past filled with Apaches, Presidents, and steel.

What have I been doing to get ready for Nationals this past weekend? You can probably guess--grooming, making lists, and worrying. One thing that might surprise you is that I have been breeding does. For the past couple of weeks, I have been trying to get all my does bred so that I'll have juniors of ideal age for the ARBA Convention in October. Does that will be shown in Pueblo were bred this past weekend. There's still time; if you are planning to attend the ARBA Convention in Louisville go out and make some litters today.

More later--Carol